Sunday, February 25, 2018

Day 25 - Peonies in Blue Pottery



 Peonies in Blue Pottery
8x10 
by Renee Brennan
Available in my Etsy Shop

 Detail

Day 25 - of this 30 Painting's in 30 Day's Challenge.. Almost there!
I swiped these from my daughter's room.  She had a little silk bouquet of these pretty peonies in a little blue pottery piece that she swiped from me.  
It's ok...we like to share :)

Tried to keep this loose and a bit more impressionistic.  
Sometimes I get obsessed when trying to paint too realistic.  
I agonize over shadows and every little detail...so much more relaxing when there is a self imposed deadline and painting quicker!

Do it for the process right?

2 comments:

laurelle said...

Beautiful composition, Renee! You painted it so beautifully.

Renee Brennan said...

Thank you very much Laurelle!