Thursday, January 1, 2015

Day 1 - "Mary, Mother of Mankind"


"Mary, Mother of Mankind"
pencil - Renee Brennan

This is Day 1 of  the 30 Paintings in 30 Day's Challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta.
I started this challenge in pencil with good intentions of a painting afterwords and well shucks... time got away!!  The truth is  I have not been painting lately and hoping  this challenge will give me a little kick in the rear to get going again...And just maybe Mary will be a painting by the end of this!

My family and I visited The Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in  Washington DC.  It is a spectacular building with small chapels devoted to several countries around the world.  I love this statue of Mary with her welcoming open arms,  and at her feet are votive candles that you can light with a prayer intention.  
Praying for a peaceful New Year.

No comments: