Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Trying Watercolors During Sandy




Water droplets 
These are my attempt  at using watercolors.  Last year I bought a watercolor kit and am just now getting around to playing with it. The paper is Arches 140lb coldpress (which I have no idea what that really means) and the paints are liquid Rembrandt.  What I found was that the paper really makes a difference, because I had some other (apparently less quality) and the Arches worked much better.

Inspiration came from an  Art Tutorial on the  Daily Paintworks  site showing a mini demo on how to make these drops by Barbara Fox.  Check it out!     DPW is also hosting a 
Hurricane Sandy Fundraiser, by purchasing donated artwork.  



I got a little brave and  tried to paint this  Rosemary plant that was brought inside  from the monster storm.  Usually  I paint in oils and some acrylics, so this was definately a different medium to play with.

8 comments:

Nora MacPhail said...

Those water drops are beautiful! And colourful.

Renee Brennan said...

Thank you Nora!

Barbara said...

I think watercolors are working very well for you.

Renee Brennan said...

Thank you Barbara!
Gracias Ina!

Maria Emilia Moreira said...

Olá!São muito bonitas as gotinhas, assim como o vaso com a planta.Um abraço.
Maria Emília

Maria Emilia Moreira said...

Gostei da forma como apresenta os trabalhos. As gotas de aguarela estão lindas!
Maria Emília

Unknown said...

Encantado de la transparencia del color

Renee Brennan said...

Thank you Maria and Braulio :)