Thursday, September 23, 2010

"Red #4" Boothbay Harbor, Maine


10x8 Oil

This #4 Buoy is located in Boothbay Harbor, Maine.  
Recently enjoyed our first trip to Maine with husband of 20yrs married.  Everything there is so paintable!
We took a tour around Boothbay Harbor via boat....lovely lighthouses and scenery of islands and boats of all kinds........what do I like?  The channel markers, and lobster bouy's.  

I painted this for an upcoming show with the Muddy Creek Artist's Guild,
 it still needs a little tweaking I think;) when paintings are posted it's funny how I  see things that need fixing.   Oh yes the show is October 1-3.  Click on link for more info.

Comments are welcome!

4 comments:

Angela Sullivan said...

Beautiful Bouy. I love your paintings. Thanks for following my blog. I will visit often.

Martin Pate said...

I've been to Boothbay before...you're right...a beautiful place. Would love to get back up there sometime.

The Furry Godmother said...

Oh, Nay Nay! This is so very wonderful! Exactly what I was talking about with the looseness of the paint. Yay!

Renee Brennan said...

Thank you Angela and Furry!